We have carefully considered the future of our level 3 qualifications in the light of government changes to A-levels, and have decided not to continue with our Calculus FSMQ.
Calculus 9998 is an A2 standard level 3 Free-Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ). FSMQs are qualifications aimed at both pre-16 and post-16 students, but are accredited for all age groups. This particular FSMQ is part of a pilot and students can either take this alongside other qualifications or combine this with other pilot FSMQs and core units to achieve the A-level Use of Maths.
Calculus is assessed by one exam of one hour. Calculators are allowed.
This FSMQ allows students to:
- apply their mathematical knowledge to the real-life situations used in the examination paper
- demonstrate their ability to use differentiation, integration, differential equations
- investigate the use of numerical methods to find gradients and evaluate integrals.
Students who study this FSMQ can use this qualification to complement their studies in other A-levels, for example: Business Studies, Economics and the Sciences.
This specification is only available to schools and colleges registered for the pilot. To register, please contact us.
- Specification for pilot from 2009 (442.9 KB)
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects available via e-AQA and EDI for exams officers and heads of centre
- Results for May/June 2018 AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, FSMQ (Foundation and Higher levels), and Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects released to students
- Receive written feedback for May/June 2018 internally-assessed work for AQA Certificate (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 1/2), ELC, FCSE, Level 1 Foundation and Level 2 Higher Projects
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Pilot Advanced Level FSMQs|