GCSE Science: Getting started
This course is designed to help those teachers new to delivering AQA GCSE Science to understand the specification and assessment requirements.
|London||26 September 2018||10:15-15:45||£260||Available||Add to basketBook|
SCIGGF1 – use this in communications with us.
- how to prepare students for the structure of the exam papers, including tiering and role of extended writing
- how to plan teaching to assess practical skills and address the requirements of the associated examination questions
- how to develop the teaching of maths skills in teaching and understand their role in assessment
- how to prepare students for synoptic questions through course design and delivery
- how to track progress and respond to underperformance
- how to evaluate the role of the KS3 course in building firm foundations for success at GCSE.
Ed Walsh is an author, CPD provider, curriculum developer and school improvement officer. He is also series editor for Collins GCSE resources. He is an experienced CPD leader delivering events for the ASE, the National Science Learning Centre, and AQA. Previously he worked on the National Strategies Framework for Science and the APP criteria and was a teacher and subject leader for many years.
All teachers who are new to teaching the AQA GCSE specification for Science. This course will be particularly suited to NQTs.